Early Childhood Education, MS
The Master of Science in Early Childhood Education is designed for educators who work, or wish to work, with young children. This program helps teachers, curriculum specialists, and administrators increase competence in designing curriculum, classrooms, centers, and classroom experiences for young children. The program also improves skills in developing and evaluating instruction specifically tailored to young children's needs.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Articulate and fulfill professional roles and responsibilities related to working with young children in the State of Texas
- Design appropriate curricula, classroom centers, and classroom experiences for young children in the State of Texas
- Determine effective, responsive instruction and assessment for young children in the State of Texas
- Produce a portfolio consisting of experiences, projects, originally designed products, and a synthesis of reflection developed during participation in the degree program
Visit Course Catalog for a complete list of degree requirements for the Master of Science in Early Childhood Education.
- Printable degree plan (doc)
Dr. Jana Sanders, Professor, Early Childhood Education