Current students: Resources
Applying to the Teacher Education Program
- Undergraduate students apply to the Teacher Education program once enrolled in EDUC 3311 (School and Society): Look over the undergrad requirements for admission to Teacher Education (docx).
- Graduate-level students fulfill their requirements through either the ACE or MAC program. Visit your respective program site for details.
- Apply to the Teacher Education Program at http://te.tamucc.edu. Make sure to fill out all three sections.
- The necessary background check is completed electronically. For students going into their professional development blocks of field-based and student teaching: An email will be sent to each individual student 30 days prior to the beginning of their field-based or student teaching semester. The email will provide links and instructions on submitting background check information. For questions or concerns please call Ms. Rose Zuniga at 361-825-2433.
- Educator Preparation Program Continuation and Dismissal Policy (pdf)
Educator Preparation Program Handbooks
Field-based experience handbooks
Clinical teaching handbooks
Clinical teaching resources & forms
Information on teacher supply and demand: